KEM PR-5280 corrosion inhibitor is A COMBINATION of an oil-soluble, film-forming inhibitor plus oil soluble neutralizing agents. It is designed to control corrosion caused by hydrochloric acid, hydrogen sulphide, mineral salts and acids in hydrocarbon process streams.
KEM PR-5280 also has strong detergency properties which clean metal surfaces and prevent the accumulation and resultant corrosion from inorganic deposits such as ammonium chloride. By preventing these deposits and maintaining clean heat transfer surfaces, maximum efficiency of the filming portion of the molecule is obtained.
• Atomized into the vapour line at 6-25 ppm, KEM PR-5280 effectively prevents the accumulation of deposits, particularly if ammonia is used, and protects downstream exchangers and transfer lines.
• For best results, KEM PR-5280 should be diluted with process naphtha or reflux slipstream and atomized into the overhead vapour space.
• If corrosion is occurring in the tower itself, KEM PR-5280 may be atomized directly into the tower vapour space.
The high thermal stability and negligible WSIM impact make KEM PR-5280 particularly applicable for transformation overhead systems, like hydrotreaters, visbreakers reformers.
Features and Benefits
• KEM PR-5280 is thermally stable to 315°C.
• Maintains clean heat transfer surfaces.
KEM PR-5280 corrosion inhibitor is compatible with mild steel and contains no organic halides, heavy metals or other substances known to be harmful to process equipment or catalysts.
Avoid breathing vapours and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. In case of eye contact, immediately flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Call a physician. Flush skin with water. Please refer to Chemical Handling Data Sheet.
KEM PR-5280 is a flamable liquid. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flames. Keep containers closed. Use with adequate ventilation. Observe any warning labels on product container. Other normal precautions for process chemicals apply.
KEM PR-4260 is available in bulk loads or 200 litre non-returnable drums. For further information on this product, please contact your local Sales Representative.